Friday, November 1, 2013

Week Nov 4th

 Shooting for 4 bikes and 3 runs this week

Monday -Bike: 50 min total; Main set 3x8(2') at ~165W, then 8min at 145W.  Felt ok considering how little I slept Sunday night.

Tuesday -  Woke up this morning with a spinning brain, too many thoughts spiraling around, taking me to bad ends.  Keeping a neutral (or better yet, positive) head space will be the most challenging thing this coming year.  This morning I was day dreaming about the run I want to do today and kept imagining it turning out bad.  I don't seem to like or trust myself very much.

Run after work.  Felt pretty ok.  On the t'mill, 1 mile easy (10min down to 9/mi) then 2x1.5 miles at 7:41 per mile pace.  Had a .1 mile walk jog break in between.  Made it about half way through the second interval before my HR reached 170bpm.  this is good.  Historically, ~170 to 175 is my half ironman HR for the run.  I certainly couldn't run this pace for 13 miles right now, but I'm glad to see that things are inline for me to reach my former form.

As for the mood, it stayed.  after my run, I attended the HOA board meeting. We voted on the budget and had to raise the HOA dues.   I returned home and shared the result of the meeting and received frustration and anger.  It wasn't directly at me, but it felt that way.  Not a great day.

But keep calm and carry on 


Wednesday - Meeting with F4 Ironman group.  Big group, seems like good folks.

Thursday - too much work

Friday - Up too early.  So I got on the bike. 60 minutes, long warm up. 3x8(2') at FTP, mid 160s

Saturday -  Run: 5 miles, with 2x1.5 miles at FTP.  Missed the first tone, ran 7:10 pace, the second was 7:30 pace.  Must be diligent to run at the prescribed efforts, not fast, not slower...be discipline, follow the plan...it works !  also spent a good 6 hours, working on sorting the basement.

Sunday - no workout.  spent the morning assembling cabinets and resorting basement.  Then archery range with Carrie & Michael and Anna & Noah.




No comments: