Thursday, October 24, 2013

Week Oct 21

Monday - nice run at Marshall Mesa.  6 miles, 1 hour.  Lots of walk breaks and a few photo stops.  Get rid of those and the monster hill and my "just running along" pace is in the mid 8s.

Tuesday - worked too much, no workout.  I did roll out with the trigger point tools.  Recovery, "pre-hab" and smart hard workouts is the approach I'm taking this year.

Wednesday - another not great work day.  But...got on bike in evening.  45 minutes with 2x8' (2') @ FTP (165 watts)

Thursday - FastFeet workout. on the treadmill.
                   WU: 1 mile zone 1(9:34/mile) @  1%.
                   (average HR for the WU was 144bpm)
                     3x30sec (30sec rest) @ 7.5% @ 9:34/mi
                     3x20sec (40 sec rest) @ 10% @ 9:34/mi
                     3x20sec (40 sec rest) @ 12.5% @ 9:34/mi
                    then 3:14 at 8:27 pace...until HR hit 170bpm

                   I like this workout.  Gets the cadence up.  Was very focused on holding good posture during the intervals, tight lower abs and keeping my lower legs relaxed

Friday - Off. Rolled out with Trigger Point tools

Saturday - Bike: 1 hr w/ 3x8'(2') @ FTP (~165 watts)

Sunday - Run: BONK...damn it.  I need to stop doing this.  Didn't eat enough breakfast, ran at noon...lasted ~30 minutes and got light headed.  Walked it home.  5 miles...when I was running it felt pretty good.  Need to fuel properly, I can not afford to waste workouts.


No comments: