Friday, October 18, 2013

Good Week So Far

Run at lunch Tuesday, bike tues night, bike Wedneday afternoon, recovery (yoga, stretch, rollout) on thursday, and a run after work this afternoon.

Been making lots of notes for this winter and next year as well.  I will post those as I edit and update.  A thought I had this week concerns the attitude I should adopt for next season.  Initially I was thinking I should take it easy, have no goals and set my expectations pretty low.  But I found that this wasn't doing much for my motivation.  If I was only worried about finishing, then I won't have much need to train.  Or at least not train with any real focus or intensity.  That didn't seem like much fun.  So...

I will train and race like I can PR at every distance.  My goal is not to PR, my goal is to go fast as I can....to go as fast as I can, I have to be patient, diligent and smart with my training. 

This is a much more motivating goal for me.

Kia Kaha

No comments: