Monday, January 27, 2014

Ironman thoughts

For me to have a good race day:

Be patient and enjoy being out there.
Get my FTP up as high as possible through the end of April....then practice riding at 75 to 85 % of that.  150 Watts should get me close to 20 mph.  180 Watts is good for 22.5 on those roads with decent weather. 
For the run, being smart on the bike is the biggest factor.  For run fitness, its the same as the bike, work on my 5k/10k speed through April, then practice running at 75 to 85 % of that. 

Patience and Consistent Work are my keys. 

Not worried about the swim.  I did some swimming last week.  Considering I've had 2 years out of the water, I am swimming well.  I broke 80 for my swim golf scores.  My best strokes per length was 12.  15 was were I settled for 200s.  So the swim form is still there.  It won't be too hard to add the fitness for a 1:O-something swim.

I'm  hesitant to post any goals for the race, other than, "perfect execution".  I'll know more in a few months when I have more field test data and some races under my belt.

Kia Kaha


No comments: